Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Food Glorious Food....

I must admit, I am always looking for the "smoking gun" for my sons behavior problems. This week I have decided it is our food and eating habits. I'm not going to go all gluten free casein free on him, but our eating habits are less then stellar, and I know that when I eat a bunch of crap, I feel like crap. Typically, my kids snack ALL DAY LONG. They refuse to eat anything that did not come out of box and they strongly dislike anything titles "meal". We tend to stick to the tried and true, pizza, mac and cheese, and grilled cheese. I have fought with myself  over this for a long time, thinking how could I have let it get this bad? But it wasn't until this past week I decided to throw out (aka lock it up in a closet) all of our usual snacks. Said goodbye to the gold fish cracker, gummy snacks and juice boxes and only left the raisins, wheat thins and pretzels. Add in cheese sticks, grapes and apples and it is starting to look much better. The only exception I made was for the Deep River Rosemary and Olive Oil potato chips, I mean you need to live a little and they are the best...
Here is todays lunch...




It is simple I will admit, an Amy's PB&J granola bar, a cheese wheel, and a few dices of avocado. So far so good, lots of saying "It's good, but I don't like this" and only a little complete refusal to eat, but you have to start somewhere I guess.

No comments:

Post a Comment